Posted by: Daisy Das
With regards to visiting Kashmir, visitors should know what to pack for their trip to Kashmir. Packing your clothes to Kashmir relies upon variables, for example, which month you are visiting, and keeping in mind the traditional standards and cultural norms of this place.
What to pack for your Kashmir trip during the Summer season?
With the change from spring to summer season, the month of March and April offers mostly rain, cold, and some time sunny weather.
- Umbrella/Rain coat
- Trekking boots
- Cotton Clothes
- Woolen Clothes
- Jeans, Pants, Trousers & T-shirts
- Sunscreen & Moisturizer
What to wear in Kashmir during the Winter Season?
- Heavy Sweaters
- Trench Coats
Other Things to Carry:
- Hiking boots
- Moisturizer, Cold Cream, Sunscreen, Lip Balm
- Thermos to fill hot water in winters
- Headscarf for women if visiting a religious place
- Light snacks
- Carry post-paid sim only
- Carry proof of your identity (Original, no photocopies)
Connectivity Things: Must Carry
Power outage is common in most places in Kashmir, especially in the mountainous regions like Sonamarg and Pahalgam.
Make sure you always have a:
- Power bank
- Plenty of memory cards for your camera.
- Waterproof camera bag as well; you don’t want your camera to get wet.
- Ski Jacket, Ski trousers (salopettes/ski pants)
- Several pairs of Ski socks
- Ski gloves
- Ski cap
- Ski goggles
- Proper ski shoes that can fit in ski equipment
- Warm jacket when not skiing during morning or evening
- Backpack & rain cover
- Trekking shoes preferably high-ankle one
- Day pack trek essentials like a sunglasses, sunscreen, protein bars, lunch box, water bottle, etc,
- Trekking pole
- Personal medical kit
- Fleece jacket
- Feather jacket
- Waterproof pants
- Sun cap
- Woolen cap
- Toiletries like sunscreen, lip balm, toilet paper, toothbrush & toothpaste, hand sanitizer, hand towel, sanitary napkins, etc.